superble
superble

积分:-

注册时间:-

主楼
2024-02-25 13:19:42
标签: 点击标签查看相关内容

科学揭秘养狗对人类健康有惊人好处

这几天在一个学英语app上看到了三篇有关养狗好处的文章,深受鼓舞,更加坚定了自己在不久之后也养几只狗的想法。而且我完全认可文章中的观点,年龄越大,越有养狗的必要,因此一旦收养,就会跟狗狗相伴到老。将三篇文章分享如下:

科学揭秘养狗对人类健康有惊人好处

Ever since I was a kid, I wanted a dog. But it wasn't until I was an adult -- newly laid off and missing a beloved cat that had passed more than a year earlier -- that my husband and I adopted a 1-year-old mutt named Jack.
我小时候就想养一只狗。但直到我成年后,我和丈夫才收养了一只名叫杰克的一岁杂种犬,那时我刚被裁员,心爱的猫咪也在一年多前去世了,我很想念我的猫咪。

Jack is a classic shade of brown, but a cartoonish mixture of a pitbull's head and muscly chest and some unknown breed's short little legs (our best guess is corgi). Sometimes when he sneezes, his head loudly -- and hilariously -- knocks against the floor.
杰克的毛发是经典的棕色,但它的身体却是卡通般的混合体,有斗牛犬的头、肌肉发达的胸部以及某种未知犬种的短腿(我们猜测最有可能是柯基)。有时,当杰克打喷嚏时,它的头会重重地、很滑稽地撞到地板上。

In the six years we've had him, Jack has come with his share of challenges. He is an incorrigible stealer of tissues and loses his mind when the doorbell rings. But he is an expert cuddler and loves every single person he has ever met. He is silly and playful.
在我们收养杰克的六年里,它也给我们带来了很多挑战。杰克有屡教不改的偷纸巾的习惯,而且门铃一响就会发疯。但杰克是拥抱专家,它喜欢它遇见的每一个人。它又傻又顽皮。

Having Jack has helped us meet so many more of our neighbors, get much more regular exercise walking him rain or shine, and helped us teach our toddler about respecting the space and bodies of other beings.
杰克帮我们认识了很多邻居,让我们更规律地锻炼,风雨无阻地散步,还教会我们正在学走路的孩子要尊重其他人和动物的空间和身体。

But it's also meant that I've wanted to learn more about Jack and the relationship we have with our dogs. This is Science, Quickly. I'm Andrea Thompson, Scientific American's news editor for earth and environment -- and sometimes fun animal science.
但这也意味着我想更多地了解杰克,以及我们与小狗的关系。这里是《科学快播》栏目。我是安德里亚·汤普森,《科学美国人》的地球与环境新闻编辑,有时我也会报道有趣的动物科学。

Today, we're speaking with University of Maryland computer scientist and famed internet "dog mom" of a pack of golden retrievers Jen Golbeck about her new book, The Purest Bond: Understanding the Human-Canine Connection, written with science writer Stacey Colino.
今天,我们将要采访马里兰大学的计算机科学家珍·戈尔贝克,她也是网上著名的一群金毛犬的"狗妈妈",她将会和我们聊一聊她与科学作家斯泰西·科利诺合著的新书《最纯粹的纽带:理解人与狗的联系》。

It delves into the science of how we humans relate to our puppy pals and the many ways they improve our lives. Hi Jen, thanks for speaking with us. So glad to be here!
这本书深入探讨了人类与小狗伙伴建立情感联系的方式,以及小狗如何以各种方式改善我们的生活。你好,珍,谢谢你接受我们的采访。很高兴来到这里!

One of my favorite moments in the book is when you describe how you cope with tough days and stress by lying on the floor and being enveloped "in a cloud of golden retrievers" licking and lying on top of you. It sounds like heaven.
书中我最喜欢的一个片段是,你描述了你是如何应对艰难的日子和压力的,你躺在地板上,被"云朵一样的一群金毛狗"包围着,它们用舌头舔你、趴在你身上。这听起来简直像天堂一样。

Jumping off from there, since your book is all about, you know, bond between people and their dogs, can you talk a little about some of the bonds you've had with your own pups throughout your life and what those have meant to you?
说到这里,因为你的书讲的是人与狗之间的情感纽带,你能谈谈你在生活中与自己的小狗之间的有什么纽带吗? 以及这些纽带对你来说意味着什么?

Yeah. So we open the book with middle school meets. I had a really hard time in middle school. I mean, I was bullied. Everything in life sucked. And my parents bought me a golden retriever puppy whose name was Major.
好的,这本书开篇是中学运动会的故事。我中学时过得很不开心。我被霸凌了。生活中的一切都很糟糕。然后我父母给我买了一只名叫梅杰的金毛猎犬。

And he was everything I needed at that point, you know, non-judgmental. I didn't feel awkward around him. And I loved dogs before that. But he, I think, was the first one who kind of opened my eyes to, like, the real power that that relationship can have.
我当时需要的就是梅杰,一只不会评判我的小狗。我和它在一起不会觉得局促不安。而且在那之前我就喜欢小狗。但我认为,梅杰第一次让我感受到人和小狗之间的关系所能带来的那种真正的力量。

And so fast forward a bunch of time. Right now we have five dogs. We rescue special-needs golden retrievers, seniors, hospice cases, like really complicated medical ones.
快进一段时间,现在我们有五只狗。我们救了一些有特殊需求的金毛犬,比如年龄很大的或处于临终关怀的小狗,都是一些病情很复杂的小狗。

And we get so much out of it. I can just lie on the floor and they all just like, come and envelop me. And I'm sure we'll get into this with the science.
我们从小狗那里获得了很多,我可以躺在地板上,然后它们就会跑过来围住我。我相信我们会用科学的方法来解释这种现象。

I did want to get to the science because I think that's a lot of what's really interesting in the book is that you get into all of these studies and really delve into the science of how we relate to our dogs and the impact they can have on us and vice versa.
我确实想要探讨其中的科学,因为我认为这本书中真正有趣的地方在于,你钻研的所有这些关于我们与狗的关系以及它们对我们的影响以及我们对它们的影响的研究。

分享
superble
superble

沙发
2024-02-25 13:25:13
I don't think people always know the nitty gritty of that, and I wondered if you could particularly get into some of the physiological impacts that dogs have on us and talk about the science there.
我认为人们并不总是知道这其中的真相,我想知道你是否能为我们特别谈谈小狗对我们的一些生理影响,并为我们介绍一下这其中的科学道理。

Yeah, if you look at any part of your life, whether it's your physical health, your mental, your psychological, your social health, your dogs are going to make all of that better.
好,如果你对生活的任何一部分进行观察,你会发现,无论是你的身体健康,精神健康,心理健康,还是社交健康,你的小狗都会让所有这些变得更好。

So if we look, let's just say at the physical health side, which is actually like how I got into the science of this.
如果我们观察,比如身体健康方面的影响,这实际上是我探究这其中科学的起因。

There is a great study that I saw maybe 15 years ago that talks about if you have a heart attack, for example, and you own a dog, you will live longer, then if you don't have a dog and you could be like, well, yeah, if your dog, you're like, walk more. So of course that would be why.
我在15年前看过一项很棒的研究。说的是,如果你患有心脏病,可以养一只狗,你会活得更久。如果你不养狗,可能是因为,觉得如果养了狗会多走一些路,这自然是原因。

But even if you controlled for the amount of walking, people who have dogs still live longer. 
但即使是控制了走路的步数,养狗的人仍然活得更久。

And so this was a real question, right? Why? If it isn't the physical activity, why is it that you live longer?
这是真正的问题所在,对吧? 为什么? 如果不是身体运动的原因,为什么养狗的人会活得更久? 

And in fact, if you look across all of these different studies of the way that our physical health is improved by having dogs, one of the themes that emerges is something that we actually already knew from psychology, which is if you have a really robust system of social support, all of your health markers tend to be better like that.
事实上,如果纵观所有这些不同的关于养狗如何改善我们身体健康的研究,你会发现其中出现的一个主题是我们已经从心理学中了解到的,那就是,如果你有一个非常强大的社交支持系统,你所有的健康指标往往都会变得更好。

Social support is actually really critical for your physical health, not just your psychological health.
社交支持不仅仅对心理健康至关重要,实际上对身体健康也至关重要。

And it turns out dogs are able to serve as those social support systems in our lives as well. 
研究证明,小狗也能在我们的生活中充当这些社交支持系统。

So if we look at, say, older adults who, you know, maybe they've lost their spouse and their social circles are just smaller, dealing with loneliness.
如果我们观察老年人,也许他们失去了配偶,他们的社交圈较小,需要应对孤独。

If they have dogs, they see these really dramatic increases in benefits from the dogs where people who have lots of people around them, really strong social systems, those benefits are still there, but they're smaller.
如果这些老年人养狗,他们会发现养狗带来的好处会显著增加。对于那些身边围绕着很多人, 拥有强大社交体系支持的人,养狗的好处仍然存在,不过会小一些。

So it's really clear that the dogs serve as social supports for us and give us that benefit on top of the fact that they do in fact get us out and walking more.
显而易见,小狗除了能让我们出去多走走外,还为我们提供了社交支持,给我们带来了好处。

They get us out spending time outside, which we know is really good for us.
它们让我们花时间在户外,我们知道这对我们有好处。

So there's all these ways they kind of boost all of this stuff that we know is good for us and be like, Hey, you've got to come do this thing. Like we're going to have a good time. And also it's going to make you better.
它们有很多方式来推动我们去做对我们有好处的东西,比如,嘿,你一定要来做这件事。比如,我们会玩得很开心。它也会让你变得更好。

We've talked a lot about some of the specific areas of the science of dogs and humans and their bond.
我们已经谈了很多关于狗与人之间关系的特定领域的科学。

But of the dozens of studies that you guys mention in the book and you know, all of the research you guys did, were there any sort of favorite bits that stood out to you or anything that really surprised you?
但是在你们书中提到的几十项研究中,你知道,在你们所做的所有研究中,有没有什么最让你印象深刻的?或者让你感到惊讶的呢?

Yeah. So one one favorite really stood out to me and I will say that when I was in middle school, I had a science teacher who told us that dogs didn't really love us back and that like if they liked us, it's because we were salty and they just wanted the salt then.
我最喜欢的令我印象深刻的一项研究,我要说,在中学的时候,我的一位科学老师告诉我们, 小狗并不会回报我们的爱,如果小狗喜欢我们,那是因为我们太闹腾了,小狗只是想要玩。

And I remember being so mad, but I also was 12, right? So I had like no capacity to argue back with the science teacher.
我记得当时很生气,但我也只有12岁,对吧? 我没有能力反驳这位科学老师的观点。

But now I do. Now I have written a book to avenge that memory of probably sixth grade or whatever.
但现在我可以。现在我已经写了一本书来为六年级的记忆报仇。

The science is so clear that dogs love us back.
科学清晰地表明小狗会回报我们的爱。

Like I think anybody who has a dog knows that's true.
我想任何养狗的人都知道这不是瞎话。

But my favorite result that we came across when we were doing the book is on that point. 不过,我们在写书的时候遇到的最喜欢的研究结果是在那个时候。

So we know from psychology about this thing called attachment bonds and the attachment bonds that we form with our parents, especially our moms, will go on to influence all of our relationships for the rest of our lives.
我们从心理学上知道了一个叫做依恋关系的概念。依恋关系会在我们与父母,尤其是母亲之间形成,将会影响我们余生的所有关系。

superble
superble

板凳
2024-02-25 13:27:36
They get set really early in our first couple of years. 
依恋关系在我们出生的头几年就建立起来了。

So if you've got a parent who is, you know, responsive and gentle and kind, you're going to have secure attachment.
如果你的父母,回应积极,温柔善良,你就会是安全型依恋人格。

If your needs are neglected, you might get a kind of anxious attachment. 
如果你的需求被忽视,你可能会是焦虑型依恋人格。

You know, you can sometimes change it, but it's really important. 
有时候人格类型可以改变,但这真的很重要。

So there's a ton of research on attachment bonds. 
有很多关于依恋关系的研究。

And one of the ways we've studied that is that they will put babies in fMRI machines, which are the things that show the part of your brain that light up when you're thinking about different stuff.
众多研究的方法之一是将婴儿放在功能磁共振成像仪中。这些仪器会在你思考不同的事情时显示出你大脑中被激活的部分。

And then they'll let them see their moms and a certain part of their brain lights up. 
接着,让婴儿看到自己的妈妈,婴儿大脑的某个部分就会被激活。

That doesn't light up for friends, you know, people who are they're used to seeing or acquaintances.
当婴儿看到朋友,那些他们习惯见到的人,或者说熟人,他们的大脑并不会被激活。

So we know that part of the brain is responsible for the attachment bond.
我们这就知道了大脑的这一部分负责依恋关系。

That's where it manifests neurologically.
这个位置就是依恋关系在神经方面的表现。

So researchers have done this study with dogs. 
研究人员用小狗做了这项研究。

They train dogs to lay really still in an MRI, which is kind of amazing by itself. 
他们训练小狗在核磁共振成像中安静躺着,这本身就很神奇。

And then they would have the dogs, humans come up so they could see and smell the person.
接着,研究人员会让主人走过来,这样小狗就能看到、闻到主人。

And the same part of the dog's brain lit up when they saw their human as happened in babies, when they saw their mother.
当小狗看到自己的主人时,它们大脑的一部分也会如同婴儿见到母亲时那样被激活。

So what we know is like on a neurological level, dogs have that same kind of love response when they see us as babies have when they see their moms.
从神经学层面上讲,小狗看到我们时会有如同婴儿看到母亲时一样的爱的反应。

And that's that the only study that shows we have this real like biological evidence that our dogs love us back.
这是唯一一项用生物学证据表明小狗也会回报我们的爱的研究。

We can measure it in hormone levels, like when we pet and interact with our dog, we all get that surge of oxytocin, this really good cuddle love hormone, but the dogs get it, too.
我们可以测量小狗的激素水平,比如当我们抚摸狗狗并与之互动时,我们会分泌大量的催产素,这是一种非常好的拥抱激素、爱的激素,而且狗狗也会分泌这种激素。

So yeah, that was my favorite evidence that we found.
是的,这是我们找到的我最喜欢的证据。

And I just love how it's this really classic science of love and connection that shows up perfectly with dogs.
我很喜欢这个在小狗身上展现得淋漓尽致的关于爱的关系的经典科学。

So you got this a little bit in your answer, but are there any other misconceptions that maybe people have about dogs or how we relate to our dogs that any of the research you cite in your book got into or that you particularly want to dispel?
你的回答体现了这点,不过,在你书中引用的研究中,有没有你特别想要消除的人们对小狗的其他误解,或者说我们与小狗联结方式的误解?

Yeah. One thing that I think is really important is a lot of people still have this idea of the alpha dog that there's like this hierarchy.
有,我认为很重要的一个误解是,很多人仍认为存在占主导地位的狗,类似于等级制度。

And people will ask me this all the time and I'm like, I have five golden retrievers, and they're like, Which one is the Alpha? If I'm feeling kind, I will say I am.
人们会一直问我这个问题,我说,我有五只金毛猎犬,他们会问,哪一只是老大?  如果我感觉还好,我会说我是老大。

And the side effect of that environment was that they ended up establishing this hierarchy to survive these kind of torturous situations.
狗为在痛苦的环境下生存下来,最终建立了这种等级制度,这是环境附带的后果。

Dogs are very social creatures. They live in families.
狗是社会性动物,它们以家庭为单位生活。

So if you think of a family, you know, so you've got maybe some parents, you've got some kids, like is there an alpha there?
可以想象一个家庭,家庭里可能会有父母,会有孩子,会有一个带头的?

I mean, there's maybe somebody who's a little more in charge and they've got a different personalities, but you're all kind of coexisting together.
也许这个带头的掌控权多一点,性格也不同,但你们都能和平共处。

And that's really what dogs want to do.
这就是狗想要过的生活。

So if you try to adopt this kind of aggressive, like I am the alpha, you will do what I say, whatever, pin them down, do all of that stuff.
如果试图采取这种侵略性的做法,比如说,我是老大,你们要照我说的做,不管怎样,要制服他们,让他们照做所有的事情。

Sure. I mean, dogs are smart and they'll respond to that, but it's not their natural way of doing it.
诚然如此,但狗很聪明,它们会对此做出反应,但这种侵略性做法并不是它们自然的方式。

They want to have a, you know, respectful, gentle, caring relationship.
它们想要一种尊重、温柔、关心的关系。

You know, you got to keep your dog in line sometimes, right? 
有时候你得让你的狗守规矩,对吧?

Sometimes we bellow our dogs. No, you have to yell at them. 
有时候,我们会对我们的狗发火。你不得不对它们吼叫。

It's not like, oh, don't ever say anything bad to them, but you don't need to be this really dominating force.
这并不是说,永远不要对它们说任何不好的话,但你并不需要成为真正的主导力量。

And I think a lot of people have that Alpha idea left over.
我想很多人都有做老大的想法。

And the science is really clear that that's not the way that it works. 
科学清晰地表明这不是小狗关系运作的方式。

Yeah, I think that's great to get across to people. 
对,我觉得让人们明白这一点很好。

superble
superble

地板
2024-02-25 13:29:48
看来房网的发帖规则又改了,每个帖子的内容限制为很少的文字,迫使发帖人不得不分开很多个跟帖才能贴完整一篇文章:

So to kind of wrap, I wanted to ask, what do you want people who maybe already have a dog or thinking about getting a dog to really take away from the book?
作为总结,我想问问,你想让那些可能已经养狗或正在考虑养狗的人从这本书中学到什么? 

We talked about making a PowerPoint to go with the book for people who are trying to convince their family members to get a dog and just be like, here is all the ways, right? Like presentation time.
我们讨论了如何为那些试图说服家人养狗的人群做一个与书配套的幻灯片,下面是所有的方法,对吧? 比如,演讲时间。

So if you are thinking about getting the dog, then you need evidence. 
如果你正在考虑养狗,那你需要证据支持。

That's all this book is, is like evidence that the dogs have been good and like pretty much any aspect you care about.
整本书的目的就是提供这样的证据,就是狗狗一直都是对人类有好处的,它们就像你所在意的其它任何事物。

But you know, I think probably our main audiences, people who have dogs already, I don't think there's anything in there that's going to be earth shattering for them.
不过,我想可能我们的主要读者,那些已经养狗的人,会觉得书里不会有什么对他们来说是惊艳的内容。

I think what it's really going to be is recognizing a lot of your own experience. 
我认为真正重要的是体会你自己与狗狗相处的许多经验。

And then what you're going to find is here is all this really rigorous science that backs up your own experience.
你会发现所有这些严谨的科学都可以支持你自己的经验。

One of the takeaways that I've heard a lot of people say is that I just felt so validated because sometimes people treat us like we're little crazy or loving dogs as much as we do right?
我听到很多人会说的阅读完此书的一个收获是,他们觉得自己很被认可,因为有时人们会认为爱狗如命的我们有点疯狂,对吧?

And this is going to give you all the scientific evidence that, like, you're not making it up. All of this is real. It's really profound.
这本书会为你提供所有的科学证据,比如,你的爱狗如命不是装出来的,而是基于深刻的相处事实。

It has a great impact on you and you're going to feel validated and you hopefully find out some new things about just how deep that relationship goes.
爱狗会对你产生很大的影响,你会感到被认可,而且你还希望能有一些关于这段关系有多深的新发现。
superble
superble

4楼
2024-02-25 13:30:25
养狗能降低病人的死亡概率

A recent study conducted in Sweden found the risk of death for dog owners returning home from hospital after a stroke or heart attack was significantly lower than those who didn't come home to a face-licking ball of happiness.
最近在瑞典进行的一项研究发现,中风或心脏病发后从医院回到家里,与那些享受不到狗狗舔脸撒娇的欢乐的人相比,养狗的人死亡的风险明显更低一些。

Uppsala University researchers used a major national health register to come up with a list of nearly 182,000 patients aged 40 to 85 who'd suffered an acute heart attack between 2001 and 2012.
乌普萨拉大学的研究人员根据全国主要的健康登记册列出了一份近18.2万名患者的名单,他们的年龄在40岁至85岁之间,曾在2001年至2012年间有过急性心脏病发作的经历。

Similarly, they collected information on just over 150,000 patients the same age who'd had a stroke during that period.
同样的,他们还收集了逾15万名年龄相同且在那期间中风过的患者的信息。

Even following the best medical care, patient health can take a turn for the worse after returning home. In the year following their heart attack, roughly 30,000 of the patients had passed away.
即使接受了最好的医疗护理,病人回家后其健康状况也可能会恶化。在心脏病发后的第二年,大约有3万名患者去世了。

Several years ago, the same Uppsala researchers found those who owned dogs generally had better cardiovascular health. Now it was time to see if that translated into improved odds of survival in the wake of a hospital stay.
几年前,乌普萨拉大学的同一批研究人员发现,养狗的人通常心血管更健康。现在是时候研究一下这是否意味着能提高病人住院后的存活率。

Across the two groups of patient records they gathered for this new study, roughly one in twenty people had current records of dog ownership - as Sweden instated mandatory dog registration in 2001, the researchers used this measure as a proxy for identifying the dog owners in their sample.
在他们为这项新研究收集的两组病人记录中,大约每20个人中就有一个人目前有养狗的记录。2001年瑞典强制实行养狗登记制,研究人员通过这一方法来确定样本中养狗的人。

By comparing the mortality rates between the dog owners and the rest of the patient sample, the team found not only were our canine companions correlated with better health, that improvement was a real life saver.
通过比较样本中养狗之人和其他病人的死亡率,该研究团队发现,病人更好的健康状况不仅与有狗狗的陪伴相关,而且健康状况的改善真的能挽救生命。

For those who lived alone with their pup, the risk of dying in the wake of a heart attack was a full third lower. Even if there was a partner or a child waiting at home, adding a dog to the mix improved odds by around 15 percent.
那些只与狗狗生活在一起的人在心脏病发之后,其死亡的风险降低了整整三分之一。即使有伴侣或孩子在家里陪着,再加上一条狗也能使病人的存活率提高15%。

The results were similar for those who'd had a stroke; those living alone with a dog saw a 27 percent drop, while those with a dog in addition to a partner or child were 12 percent better off.
中风患者的结果(与心脏病患者的结果)相似;那些与狗狗单独生活的人,其死亡率降低了27%,而那些除了伴侣或孩子之外还有狗狗陪伴的人,其存活率提高了12%。

superble
superble

5楼
2024-02-25 13:31:04
调查发现:养狗家庭的婴儿更健康

A dog could be a baby's best friend, according to a study in the medical journal Pediatrics.
医学杂志《儿科学》(Pediatrics)上发布的一项研究报告显示,狗可能是婴儿最好的朋友。

Infants living in households with dogs were healthier and had fewer ear infections than those without a dog, the study found. Researchers also found that cats appeared to offer some protection, but the link wasn't as strong.
该研究发现,养狗家庭的婴儿比无狗家庭的婴儿更健康,并且也较少患耳部炎症。研究人员还发现,猫似乎也能提供一些类似保护,但两者的关联没那么强。

The study, posted online Monday and based on 397 children who lived in rural and suburban parts of Finland, examined whether contact with dogs and cats during a baby's first year offers any protection from respiratory tract infections, such as colds and resulting common ear infections. 'The children having dogs at home were healthier, they had less ear infections and they needed less antibiotics,' said Eija Bergroth, the study's lead author and a pediatrician affiliated with Kuopio University Hospital in Kuopio, Finland.
这份7月9日上线的研究报告追踪了生活在芬兰乡村和郊区的397名儿童,考查了婴儿一岁以内与猫狗的接触是否能保护其免遭呼吸道感染的侵害,例如感冒和常见的并发耳部感染。报告首席作者、芬兰库奥皮奥大学医院(Kuopio University Hospital)的儿科大夫艾嘉?伯格罗斯(Eija Bergroth)说,养狗家庭的小孩更健康,他们患耳炎的情况较少,需要的抗生素也比较少。

One measure showed children with dogs were reported as being healthy for about 73% of the time, based on weekly questionnaires, compared with about 65% of children with no dog contact at home. While the study tracked just under 400 babies, the researchers said the results were statistically significant because it relied on weekly questionnaires filled out by parents.
该研究中基于每周问卷调查的统计显示,养狗家庭小孩约73%的时间都是健康状态,而无狗家庭小孩的这一比例约为65%。尽管研究只追踪了不到400名小孩,但研究者称这些结果在统计学上具有显著意义,因为它依靠的是家长们填写的每周问卷。

Dr. Bergroth explained that children who lived in households where dogs spent 18 or more hours a day outside, showed the most healthy days, fewer fevers and the least use of antibiotics compared with babies with no dog at home. One theory is dogs that spend a lot of time outside likely bring more dirt and bacteria inside the home compared with dogs and cats that spend more time indoors, she said. Researchers believe that exposure to dirt and bacteria builds up babies' immune systems.
伯格罗斯博士解释说,与无狗家庭的小孩相比,那些每日在户外时间18小时以上的狗所属家庭的小孩健康的天数最多,更少发烧,抗生素的使用也最少。她说,一种理论是,长时间在户外活动的狗可能比常在室内的狗和猫带回更多尘土和细菌。研究人员认为接触尘土和细菌会增强宝宝的免疫系统。

Researchers found that 97% of babies-whose mothers were enrolled in the study during pregnancy-had a runny nose at some point during the study, most had a cough and about 40% had an ear infection. Nearly half of the children needed antibiotics.
研究人员发现,97%的宝宝──他们的母亲在怀孕期间就加入了这项研究──在研究期间出现过流鼻涕的症状,大部分宝宝患过咳嗽,约40%患过耳炎。将近一半的宝宝需要使用抗生素治疗。

Earlier studies using smaller samples of children have shown conflicting results on the impact of animal exposure on infections and allergies, though a study funded by the National Institutes of Health showed children exposed to two or more dogs or cats in their first year had lower chances of later developing all kinds of allergies than children exposed to one or no pets.
早前以较少儿童做样本的研究得出过相反的结论,认为接触动物对炎症和过敏有不良影响,不过一项由美国国立卫生研究院(National Institutes of Health)资助的研究显示,一岁以前接触两只或更多的狗或猫的小孩日后罹患各类过敏症的几率比只接触一只或不接触宠物的小孩要低得多。

Dr. Bergroth's study involved children who were born at Kuopio University Hospital in Finland between September 2002 and May 2005. The children's parents were given weekly questionnaires from the time their babies were nine weeks old until they were 1 year old. The questionnaires asked if the children had been 'hale and hearty' in the past seven days. If the child wasn't healthy parents were asked to document ailments like fever, cough, runny nose, ear infection, diarrhea, urinary tract infection or rash. Families were also asked each week if they had a dog or a cat at home and how much time the animals spent outside.
伯格罗斯博士研究中的小孩是2002年9月至2005年5月之间在芬兰库奥皮奥大学医院出生的。从孩子九周至一岁,他们的父母每周会收到问卷,调查小孩在过去七天里是否“生龙活虎”。如果孩子不健康,父母被需要记录下他们的病情,比如发烧、咳嗽、流鼻涕、耳部炎症、腹泻、尿路感染或皮疹。问卷同时还问及这些家庭是否养狗或养猫,以及宠物在户外的活动时长。

The study results were tabulated looking at responses on the weekly questionnaires rather than individual children. Researchers analyzed the data in different ways to rule out other factors that could influence infection rates like breastfeeding, low-birth weight, the number of siblings and whether moms smoked during pregnancy.
研究人员将结果制成表格,研究每周的问卷反馈,而不是单个小孩。研究人员以不同方式分析了数据,从而排除了其他可能影响炎症发生率的因素,比如母乳、低出生体重、兄弟姐妹数量,以及妈妈怀孕期间是否抽烟。

楊柳青
楊柳青

6楼
2024-02-25 13:51:11

MissQin_
MissQin_

7楼
2024-03-04 19:16:06 来自iPhone客户端
老师已经养了猫,现在又有养狗的计划了吗
superble
superble

8楼
2024-03-06 10:19:08 来自iPhone客户端
以后一定会同时养猫狗,只是养狗虽可给人带来更大快乐,但同时也是一个更加艰巨的任务,必须保证有时间每天至少两次牵狗狗去外面溜达,还希望有个小花园供狗狗尽情玩耍,所以要认真筹划,稳步实现。
引用7楼MissQin_的发言:
老师已经养了猫,现在又有养狗的计划了吗
superble
superble

9楼
2024-04-11 20:07:47 来自iPhone客户端
刚刚看到在美国发生的一则新闻,很感慨。一个20岁男子在户外遛狗时,被人拍到虐待他的狗狗,警察接到报案后立刻出警,逮捕了该男子,并且给他拷上了手铐,他的照片也被刊登出来,立刻臭名远播了。狗狗被带走并转交给动物救助组织收养。

从文中的视频看到,该男子用脚踩了几下狗狗的脖子并踢了狗狗的脸部,虐狗行为不是太严重。而我朋友前不久收养的一只泰迪狗,是被一个变态狂拔掉了几颗牙齿,弄瞎了一只眼睛。

以下是这则新闻的链接:

• 插入图片

支持一次选择9张图片上传(使用Ctrl、Shift选中);

支持jpg、png、gif,单张图片不超过10M,png不超过1M,gif不超过300K。

• 继续添加

• 提到好友

3(16px)

楼主最近发表

相关帖子

大家都在看

下载家在深圳APP

关注家在公众号